29th Annual Mid Summer Mile Lavallette Ocean Swim
Cordinated by the Ocean County YMCA and the Lavallette Beach Patrol
Sanctioned by New Jersey Swimming/USA Swimming
- One Mile Jersey Shore Open Water Age Group Championship (USA S-Registered Only)
- One Mile Open Championship
Registration / Check-In: 6:30-7:45 am at the end of the street near Beach Patrol Headquarters on Philadelphia Ave. and Ocean
- Open and USA divsions may register the morning of the swim but will not be guaranteed a t-shirt pr gift bag. Additional t-shirts CANNOT be ordered.
- USA-S must register by Friday July 27, 201; there will be no day of entries for USA Swimming members.
- You man register online at:
- All competitors (or Parent/Gurardian if under18) must sign a liability release form at the time of event registration/check-in.
- Wet suits permitted and declaration must be markedWet suit swimmers will not be eligible for awards.
RACE START: 8:00AM for USA Swimming Race. 8:10AM Open Race.
COURSE: Conducted in 60-70°F ocean course South-to-North or North-to-South, depending on race day conditionsans determined by Race Director. Cancellationof swim will be determined by the Lifeguard Captain in the event of inclement weather and/or unsafe ocean conditions.
TIMING: Electronic timing will be provided by Prestige Athletics. Each swimmer will wear an electronic timing chip on their wrist to automatically record their time.
FEE(S): PAYABLE TO THE Lavallette Boosters Association
$20.00 - Pre-registration (must be recieved by July 27, 2013)
$25.00 - Day of Swim
RULES: All aplicable USA-S and regulations and safety requirements will be enforced for the well being of our swimmers.
AWARDS: Top 3 Male and Female in each age group contested for each division (Open and USAS). 10 & Under. 11-12, 13-14, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
REFRESHMENTS: Light refreshments will be served immediately after the swim
REGISTRATION CONTACT ADDRESS INFO:
Justin Alsobrooks, Lavallette Beach Patrol 732-793-2566 or email@example.com
Lavallette Beach Patrol
Philadelphia Avenue and Ocean
Lavallette NJ, 08735
PO BOX 222
Beachwood NJ 08722
Janet Sellitto, Ocean County YMCA
732-341-9622 ext. 2214
Meet Director / Race Director: Justin Alsobrooks
Meet Referee: Rober Schailey
Independent Safety Monitor: Robert Klaslo
Safety Officer: Scott Darby
YMCA Contact: Janet Sellitto
DIRECTIONS: Gardern State Parkway to Exit 82 (Seaside Heights), Continue on Route 37 East over the bridge. Keep toward the left onto Route 35 North. Continue on Route 35 North to Philadelphia Ave. Turn right toward the beach. Arrive early - local street parking is limitted.