Registration will remain open online until 6:00 pm Friday August 23rd. Race day registrations will be accepted, cash or check only on race day. There are no refunds.
Additional Race Day Logistics:
- 6:00 - Packet pick up - located on the beach
6:00 - Transition area opens
6:30 - Swim warm ups - Please confine your warm up to the swim area.
7:00 - Transition area closes
7:05 - Pre-race meeting on the beach
7:30 - First wave in the water
Here's some additional logistics for you to consider:
- We have one mens room and one ladies room, avoid the pre-race rush and arrive early. We may have access to a portapotty as well.
- Because we're so small we're going to do packet pickup on race day.
- Handle bar caps, those little caps at the end of your bars. Please ensure you have them covered completely.
- Brakes, be sure they work, we have steep downhills. This needs to be a priority.
- Parking we prefer that you park at the Kilroy field parking lot (about a half mile from the beach), or at the Packanack Community Church lot (about a tenth of a mile from the beach)
- Please do not park in front of the beach it narrows the road and creates a dangerous situation with riders as they complete the bike.
- Bike course, we have many turns. I'll do my best to mark the course, and have volunteers, however, it is also your responsibility to know the course. There is a link to the course map at the bottom of this page, and if anyone would like a turn by turn list please e-mail me and I'll send you one.
- If you have friends and family that would like to volunteer we can use their help. Please have them send me an e-mail.
- Only one bike per racer or team is allowed in the transition area.
Here's what you can expect on race day:
Come experience the Packanack Lake Triathlon. This scenic event is located in beautiful Packanack Lake, Wayne, New Jersey where athletes will enjoy lake views and tree lined residential streets.
Athletes start the day with a half mile swim in Packanack Lake, starting from the East Beach, you will swim to the largest section of the lake and back. The bike course is a hilly tour of all the lake has to offer. This 11.5 mile ride is primarily through tree lined residential streets. In addition to our many volunteers and signage lining the routes, there will be over 20 Police Officers on hand. Wayne's finest will get you through intersections as quickly as possible and keep the routes safe.
Finish this sprint distance race with a nearly flat 5K run around the lake. Run across the dam and take in the view of the entire lake. Water stations along the run will keep you hydrated. Finish up at the East Beach where bagels, PB&J, oranges and bananas will help you re-fuel.
Enjoy some time on the sand, bring a chair, relax and soak up some rays while you recall your Packanack Lake Triathlon experience.
- 6:00 - Transition area open
- 6:30 - 7:00 am - Swim warm up
- 7:00 - Transition area closes Swim wam up ends
- 7:00 - Pre-race meeting National Anthem
- 7:30 - First wave